Monday, April 7, 2014

raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens...

It is NO secret that I am a HUGE fan of Krista Wallden and her Creative Clips clip art.  If you took one step into my classroom, you would, without a doubt, see something I have created using her clip art in the first thirty seconds of being in my room.


My sweet, wonderful husband bought me Krista's first three monthly clip art clubs for Christmas...  and I have bought myself every one since...  and again, another one of my favorite things.  I turned into a creepy stalker the past couple days as she has been gearing up to her 10,000 follower celebration.  To celebrate, she's giving away tons of clip art sets, posting daily freebies...  oh my goodness!  It is spectacular.

This morning before I left for school, I checked out today's freebie--and was SO excited to get to school and get to work on something new to make my classroom even more fun.  Awhile back, I went to the Children's Museum and saw some really cool mobiles and thought I needed to create something similar to hang about my reading area--this clip art set completely screamed to me, "YOU HAVE TO MAKE US INTO THIS!"



And it was so easy to make--I had it done in less than twenty minutes.  I printed out the graphics I wanted on the color printer, cut them out, mounted them on cardstock, cut again, laminated, trimmed, hole punched and connected them with binder rings.  Ta-da!  One push pin later, and I'm in love.


So, basically--what this entire entry is trying to tell you is:  If you are looking for an easy way to make your classroom REALLY STINKIN' CUTE, go follow Krista and Creative Clips, download some free clip art, buy some other fantastic clip art, and you are well on your way to having that classroom!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Mrs. B.,

    I happened to chance upon your blog and found it very interesting!

    We have recently launched a science app that uses augmented reality to enhance classroom teaching. The app has 3D models for kindergarten to grade 12. I thought you might want to check it out and may be review it on your blog, if possible.

    It is a paid app(with a few models free) but in case you are interested in trying it out I will be happy to provide you with a free copy.

    The link to the app is: 

    iPhone/iPad
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/augmenter-augmented-reality/id997354409?ls=1&mt=8

    android:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.augmented.android

    You can also search for the app on the app store as 'Augmenter'.

    Do let me know if you would be interested. I am really Looking forward to your response.

    happy teaching!

    Antara
    antara@augmenterapp.com
    http://augmenterapp.com/

    ReplyDelete