Thursday, March 6, 2014

do you come from a land down under?

March has officially arrived, and that means All School Unit for my school.  Last year, we spent the month deep in Mexico, and this year, we're heading to the land down under--Australia!  I'm actually really looking forward to the ASU this year--having one under my belt now, I know what to expect and how much I need to (and don't need to) put into it to really make it great for my kids.

This week, we had our Opening Celebration--which is spectacular.  The parents volunteer and really make learning come alive (quite literally) for all of our students, kindergarten through sixth grade.  We began our Australian adventure by boarding an "airplane" and learning about some of Australia's tourist destinations from our flight attendants.


We then traveled throughout the country, meeting Aussies in various places.  We learned about the dog fence that keeps the dingoes out, Uluru and the Aboriginal Australians, the outback, the Sydney Opera House and the Great Barrier Reef.  Whew!  We were BUSY!


No comments:

Post a Comment