Wednesday, February 12, 2014

one hundred days smarter!

Can I be completely honest for a minute?  Confession:  This is one of my LEAST favorite weeks of school ever.  It's chaos.  Why?  It's Spirit Week.  Each day has a different, fun theme for the kids to dress up for.  Today was backwards day.  It was also the 100th day of school.  In case the kids weren't crazy enough already.

Oh well.  I bring it upon myself.  Since it was backwards day, we did our whole schedule backwards...  morning snack was in the afternoon, our afternoon P.I.L.O.T. time was in the morning and our morning meeting was the last thing we did.

But it was also the 100th day, so my friends arrived to find this on their desks:


I made them fancy pants 100th day pencils, they got to color fancy 100th day glasses and they had to countdown from 100.

It may be too late for you to make your kiddos those fancy pants pencils, but just in case it's not, or you want to save them for next year--two different versions of them are available in my TpT shop.


In addition to those oh, so exciting activities, we also completed 100 math problems and wrote down 100 words.  The 100 words is my personal favorite--I love seeing the different places my kiddos choose to find words.
(second picture from the left--check out that backward ponytail!)
I broke out the chalkboard I made over the summer and wrote "100th Day" on it and had my students pose with it for their portfolios.  Decorated the doorway, jumped 100 times...  yes.  It was crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment