Wednesday, October 16, 2013

run, run, run!

I'm super excited to link up with Curious Firsties for the Wednesday WOW!  Head over and share something super fantastic about school or home yourself!

I mentioned this time and time again this past spring and over the summer, but I'm so pumped about it, that I have to share it again.  Way back in March, I started the Couch to 5k training.  Sometime over the summer, I completed it, and kind of sort of started a 10k trainer (I've been loving running 4-5 miles at a time for the last two months, and I'm probably going to keep doing that for awhile).

The before...
BUT!  This past Saturday, I (finally) ran my first official 5k race.  If by "race," I mean run with many people--because let's be honest here.  I did the Pittsburgh Color Run--and it is neither timed nor competitive.  And it was SO MUCH FUN.  Run for fun and get colored cornstarch powder thrown at you--it was awesome.


Since this was the first time I had ever run an actual 5k in a plotted out 5k course, I was excited to time myself and track all of my stats for it.  Using the stats I had collected on myself on all of my other runs, I thought a reachable goal was to aim for running the race in 35 minutes.  I was SO EXCITED when I finished in 29 minutes 6 seconds!

And the after.

2 comments:

  1. That looked like fun! I love love love the tutu! Thanks for linking up!! So excited :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was SO much fun! I was so excited about running this race that I made my tutu way back at the beginning of September. It was super easy to make!

      Delete