Thursday, September 26, 2013

ten-frames and other things

School's busy, blah blah blah.  No more excuses!  At my school, we use the enVision math curriculum...  and to be quite honest, it kind of drives me crazy.  I got permission from my principal to use enVision more as a guide and ignore many of the worksheets they provide and do my own thing with hands on activities, white boards and projects.



I teach at small Christian school, and our units of study for the first month of school are Creation and All About Me. One of the first math projects we did this year was a Creation Ten-Frame accordion book.  My kiddos LOVED doing this activity.  I was super happy with how they turned out--and just in time for our Curriculum Night!

I made a basic ten-frame and printing blank for each day of Creation for each kiddo.  They wrote the number in the blank and filled in the ten-frame to correspond with that number.  After illustrating and coloring, they cut them out and glued them together.  My principal and kiddos loved them, and the parents enjoyed them, as well!

I've made the file available on TPT--feel free to head over to check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment