Thursday, August 1, 2013

monthly goals: august!

It's August.  No longer can I say, "Oh, I go back to school next month."  I go back to school THIS MONTH.  I'm super excited to go back, but also dread getting up with my alarm clock and not being able to wander up to bed whenever I feel tired.  Today, I'm linking up with I {heart} Recess to try to increase my excitement level some more (I just need to remind myself I can still lollygag on the weekends) and share with you my goals for August and Back to School.


Personal Goal:
Run!  I've gotten pretty good at my running routine this summer and have done a pretty good job of running at least every other day.  I finished up C25K and have since started a 10K training program (and I'm still loving it!).  The Color Run is coming to Pittsburgh in October, and I'm getting really excited about that.  I'm also thinking about doing a couple other 5Ks.  

Organization Goal:
Our home office is almost done.  I just need to kick it into full gear, spend about a day in there, and we'll have a beautiful, functioning office/guest room/laundry/everything space.  My classroom library is about 90% finished, and my plan book needs to be printed out and bound.  Then, I will be "officially" organized.  Or something.

Planning Goal:
I've been slowly working all summer at getting everything ready for my first two units for the year.  It's time to get into high gear and get that done.  Then, I'll be able to move on to my other units.

Professional Goal:
We are getting a lot of new teachers this year at my school.  We also got a new principal at the very end of this past school year.  I loved everyone who moved on from our school, and I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone and working with them.

Student Goal:
This is my goal every year at this time:  Get my first graders loving school and asking if they have school tomorrow on Saturday nights.  The way I see it...  they have plenty of time when they get older to not like school.  First grade is not the time for that.  I'm going to make their learning fun, relevant and exciting.  It's better for me that way, too.

Motto:
Therefore, do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself.  Each day has enough trouble of its own.  Matthew 6:34  Confession:  I am a worry wart.  A big fat worry wart.  It's not a good look on anyone.

Head on over to I {heart} Recess and link up with your August and Back to School goals!

No comments:

Post a Comment