Friday, August 9, 2013

five for friday {one of three until the end of the summer}

You can tell summer's getting close to being over--Doodle Bugs Teaching's Five for Friday is back (since last week!) and I am way too excited to get back on that boat.  I will make you wait no longer!


1. My younger sister was hired at the beginning of the summer in a school district down in Virginia to be a middle school German teacher.  Her dream job!  This past weekend, she officially made the big move, and my parents, other sister, Mark and I all went down to help.  The pups stayed with my grandparents while we were gone--and when we got home Sunday night, Scooter made it clear he was not happy with our decision to leave him behind.


2.  I fell off the getting ready for school wagon this week and really only accomplished one project this week (I'll be sharing that on Monday!).  I worked bits on my planner, class website and bought more supplies for my room (oops).  Here's a sneak peak at what I'm sharing on Monday!


3.  How about them Pirates!?  Mark and I went to our fifth game this season on Wednesday night--and  the Buccos brought home another win!  For this girl, this season has been magical.  The last time my dear Pittsburgh Pirates had a winning season was twenty years ago!  I was almost six years old!  My whole family
  has always been huge Pirate fans, despite the less than stellar record, and we've been doing a lot of knocking on wood and shushing people (the Pirate Broadcasters!) when they start talking about October.  No matter how the Buccos are doing--you have to admit PNC Park is GORGEOUS.


4.  On Tuesday, my mom and I went shopping.  That's a bad idea.  She's known in our family as the "Coupon Queen" and since getting married, I've been designated the "Coupon Princess."  We can get pretty competitive when it comes to who is getting better deals--and even when we're getting a ton of really good deals, they add up to big spending!  On the bright side, I found a dress at Kohl's that I think I'm going to wear for the first day of school this year and I got a $15 area rug for my reading area at Target!


5.  I've been fighting with my Keurig the past couple days.  When I saw my gram over the weekend, she mentioned hers was starting a brew cycle and then shutting off before it did anything.  I told her I didn't know what to do...  and then got home, and mine promptly started doing that very thing!  Mark, my mechanical engineer who can fix almost anything, hasn't gotten a chance to look at it, so I could be completely overreacting.  I cleaned it (and the vinegar ran through no problem!) and now it won't work again.  I'm grumpy.  Girl needs her coffee!

Until Monday, have a fantastic weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I found you via Five for Friday! My Keurig is doing the same thing. I've been able to get around it by hitting the power button, unplugging it, and plugging it back in and trying again. That usually works temporarily but doesn't completely fix the problem of course. I'm worried it's going to completely shuck out on my during the school year.

    ReplyDelete