Thursday, August 22, 2013

favorite things: shopaholic (a love letter to target)

The first day of in-service for teachers is only days away now, and I'm starting to feel like I can't wait for school to start so I can rest a little!  There's just so much to do before summer is over!  I've been working on a literature study for the seventh grade curriculum development at my school (we're adding seventh grade this year, and eighth grade next year!) and working on things for my room.  I've been in to school twice already and plan on going in again today.  And teachers technically don't have to report until next week.

But today, I'm bringing one of the last summer hurrahs to the blog before I go back for meetings, trainings and major planning next week.  I'm linking up with Across the Hall in 2nd Grade and sharing some more of my favorite things.

Today, we're talking about my inner shopaholic and my favorite places to spend my paycheck.  If you have read anything in my blog before...  none of these should be a surprise to you.

| ONE | Target
No worries--no snow here yet.  This picture is OLD.

My absolute favorite place to shop is Target.  Do you remember the Black Friday commercials from a couple years ago with the Crazy Target Lady?  My husband and my dad think that I am possibly the real life Crazy Target Lady.  Who am I kidding?  My mom... my grandma...  my cousins...  many of my close friends...  they all say that.

But seriously!  I love the Merona clothing and the Threshold home decor.  They carry all of my favorite Method products and the clearance end caps are almost always full of cheap treasures.  And on top of that?  They let you stack manufacturer coupons, Target coupons and Cartwheel coupons.  I can collect them, shop smartly and walk out feeling like they just paid me to shop.  I love to look for fantastic deals!

| TWO | Half-Price Books
Every time my little sister is in town, we head over to Half-Price Books.  I love looking at all of the books they have--there is always an interesting selection there.  I always make a beeline to the children's section to look for books for school, and since I started college, I've built quite the impressive classroom library for a fraction of the list price thanks to HPB.  I also love looking at the special collection of rare and collectible books.  I have found quite a few books that I loved as a child here (the same edition, even) and repurchased to have in my own collection--my librarian of a mother is holding most of our childhood books for "when she has grandchildren."

| THREE | Trader Joe's

The first Trader Joe's near me opened a few years ago and it isn't in the most convenient of locations for us to shop there on a regular basis... but I love to go there.  Since it's not our usual grocery shopping, I usually go in more in the mindset that it's a treat trip outside of our usual food budget.  I love the wall of cheese, the hummus and the cookie butter. The selection of vegetarian frozen food is a delight to this overworked teacher during the school year, too.

| FOUR | Old Navy
I mentioned that I love looking for good deals.  Old Navy is a wonderful place to look for those good deals.  Old Navy carries some great clothes that can go from school to home to weekend at a price point that I can usually swallow--and if I can't, I can always try waiting for things to go to the clearance section.  I have raved and raved about their workout clothes (see my "Get Fit" favorite things), but I also love their flip-flops, summer tank tops, basic layering pieces, and quirky puppy items.


Thanks for taking a break from all the Back to School Crazy with me.  We can do it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment