Tuesday, August 13, 2013

classroom digs {teacher week '13}

Teachers report back at my school two weeks from today.  I haven't been able to get back into my room to work on it yet (they're cleaning and waxing the floors yesterday and today), but the kindergarten teacher and I are hoping to get in on Thursday.  We are looking forward to knocking out some of our projects for back to school.

My biggest goal for this Thursday, besides hashing out schedules and discussing ideas for implementing the Daily Five in kindergarten and first grade (what!?), will be to get the big furniture pieces in place.  I'm thinking about switching some things from last year, and I'm trying yet another position for my desk.  I'm hoping that this last change for my desk is the perfect place.  I moved my desk three times during last school year, and this new place is only a slight change from where it was at the end of last year.  I'm also looking forward to putting down the new area carpet I got at Target last week ($15!) in my reading area to see how it looks.


I'm getting really excited to get in to my room and get everything ready.  I will post pictures as progress happens and a finished tour of my room will be coming before the kiddos come (think probably Labor Day Weekend).

Am I the only crazy who draws out a map for her room before she can even get in to the building?  Someone comfort me that I am not nuts!

After you do that, check out the other blogs linking up over at Blog Hoppin' for Teacher Week '13!  I'm sure you will find some fabulous inspiration and a lot of great pictures (I know I'm looking forward to stalking through some blogs in preparation for Thursday!).


1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness- I love that map! We actually have to make classroom maps at our school so the custodians know where to put everything after they clean the carpets.

    - Katy

    First Grade Kate

    ReplyDelete