Saturday, July 27, 2013

when do you go back!? already?!

It's hard to believe there is less than a week left in July.  Where has the summer gone!?  If you've been reading my blog this past week, you probably noticed that I'm already getting into Back to School mode.  Summer is getting into the crunch zone, and I think we have almost every weekend booked between now and the start of school!

Today, I'm linking up with Literacy Spark for the When Do You Go Back? Linky.  Head over yourself and join us in sharing when you go back--then, we can help each other get super pumped for the upcoming year (as well as commiserate together a bit).

I go back in exactly one month from today.  The teachers at my school go back on August 27, and we have that week for meetings and professional development, and hopefully time to get our rooms ready.  We haven't gotten the "official" schedule quite yet.  Our kiddos, on the other hand, don't go back until September 3!  I'm getting super excited about "meeting" my new kiddos--our school is pretty small, so I already know most of them from when they were in kindergarten.  I have a great group coming in with some really awesome parents who are going to be a huge help this year!


I have been working diligently on some things for the upcoming year--I'm hoping to share with you my new clip chart (I tweaked last year's design and it looks really cute!) and my new clip organization.  I am WAY excited about that!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for linking up! I remember when I lived in the northeast, we never started school before Labor Day. It was nice! Good luck finishing up for your things for next year...you have time!

    Jessica
    Literacy Spark

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's nice not starting until the very end of August/beginning of September... until I remember that we're in school until the middle of June! I'm just hoping that it cools down quickly in September and doesn't get too warm too fast in the spring. The over heated classrooms is my least favorite part of teaching!

      Delete
  2. Oh you are so lucky to have a few more weeks. Enjoy the rest of your summer!

    Jamie
    teachingtidbit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete