Wednesday, July 10, 2013

july... already!? where is the summer going!????

Things have been CA-RAZY around here.  During the last weekend in June, Mark, my sister, my gram and I all went to Buffalo to visit my youngest sister, Melinda.  My gram then stayed at our house until the Fourth of July, and we hosted a big cook out with my family and Mark's family and went to an outdoor concert and saw fireworks! My cousin and her little boy stayed at our house then and the three of us spent Friday at the pool.  We visited my grandparents at their house and saw more fireworks over this past weekend...  and I've been recovering ever since!


Have you been to Target lately?  I'm completely torn--the Dollar Spot is starting to have some back to school teacher/classroom supplies.  While I don't want to see those things quite yet (it's still summer!  For a long time!), I am also super excited to get new things for my classroom.  I spent $8 there yesterday--I bought three new mini pocket charts (in a gorgeous light blue color that I didn't have yet!), two packs of desk name plates, an ID holder, and two packs of three anti-bullying posters for the hallway at school.  It was very clear that they did not have everything in yet, so I'm excited to check back later!


I have been trying to get some more stuff done around here, but with all the rain we got last night and this morning, I had a really hard time getting motivated today!  Instead, I continued yesterday's theme of thinking ahead for school and made a new "Nut Free" sign for outside my classroom door.  Last year, I got a new student in December who had a peanut allergy, so I threw one together really fast and I just really didn't like it.  This year, I know I have some allergies coming in from the get go, so I made a sign that I am going to be very happy with outside my door all year.  It almost makes up for the fact I can't eat peanut butter crackers for snack every day.

You can download this sign for free from my TPT shop here.

Here's hoping I can accomplish something a little more productive today.  Happy Wednesday!

5 comments:

  1. Love your peanut free design - I'm going to share it in my personal teacher's assistant post for July. It's so cute! (Love reading that you're a Disney fanatic- me too!!!)
    -Leslie
    TeachJunkie.com
    KindergartenWorks.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you so much! I'm heading your way right now.

      Delete
  2. Found your cute poster via TeachJunkie.com! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and leaving the kind words!

      Delete
  3. Thank you so very much for the lovely nut allergy sign!

    ReplyDelete