Thursday, June 27, 2013

beauty basics {these are a few of my favorite things...}

I'm linking up with Across the Hall in 2nd Grade again for the Favorite Things Linky.  This week's topic, Beauty Basics, is a little more difficult for me--I'm not one for too much primping.  My toenails are still sporting the same light pink I painted them back in April for Ashley's wedding!  But I do have my few products that I simply cannot live without, so I thought I would share those with you today.


one | two | three | four

1. Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Moroccan Sleek Oil Treatment - Confession:  I haven't had a haircut in over a year and a half.  I have frizzy, curly, out of control hair.  I went to the mall a few months ago to get sunglasses, and while walking past the Penney's hair salon, one of the ladies came rushing out to give me a sample of some (much more expensive) Moroccan oil treatment.  I didn't think my hair looked that bad that day...  oops!  Anyway, I tried that out to calm down the ends of my hair, and loved it.  But not for the price at that salon.  So I went to Target (love Target!) and found this stuff.  It is a dream!  It smells wonderful, and makes the ends of my hair a little calmer and a little nicer.  I rub a little bit into the ends after I get out of the shower before I do anything else to my hair (whether that's throwing some curl gel in to try to control that, or braiding it.  I don't do much else!).  Love it.

2.  CoverGirl Smoothers Tinted Moisturizer - My make-up routine is pretty basic--I put some of this on, add a little mascara and some blush...  and I'm ready to go.  During the school year, I sometimes add some eye shadow...  but it's not something that happens all the time.  I love this moisturizer--it covers up minor things that I want to hide, evens out my color AND has sunscreen in it.  I need that.  I'm all kinds of pale.

3.  BonneBell Lip Smackers (preferably Dr. Pepper) - I was raised on Lip Smackers.  My mom is a dedicated Strawberry Lip Smacker fan, while I tend to lean more towards Dr. Pepper.  In fourth grade, I had a box that had upwards of thirty different ones in it--does anyone remember the Cinnamon Sugar one they briefly had?  I keep one in my nightstand drawer, in my purse, in my desk at school, and in my make-up bag.  Right now, I have Girl Scout cookie flavored ones!  These are great to add a little natural shine and stop lips from getting all cracked and icky.

4. Neutrogena Fresh Cooling Sunscreen Body Mist - Especially in the summer, this is my number beauty product.  I spray it on before my run in the morning, and I coat myself with this when I head to the pool.  You better bet your bottom dollar that when I go to Disney in a short time from now (EEEEE!) that I am taking a few bottles of it with me and it will be going into the parks with me.  My two favorite things about it?  SPF 70 (I'm all kinds of pale, remember?) and the cooling feel it has when you spray it.  On a hot, sunny summer day (those days that you really, really need to be reapplying all the time), it feels oh so good to spray this stuff on.

4 comments:

  1. I will definitely need to check out that Neutrogena sunscreen! I need to be better about putting it on before I head out for runs,t oo!

    Molly
    Lucky to Be in First

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really, really check it out! I've used quite a few of Neutrogena's sunscreens the past six years or so, and I really like them. The cooling one's my favorite because it's just so darn refreshing!

      I run at a track about once a week, and the first time I ran there in the morning this summer, I got burned. I didn't realize it got so much sun at 8:30 a.m. It's one of those things that happens once and you never forget to put sunscreen on again. :)

      Delete
  2. That Neutrogena sunscreen sounds interesting! I will have to keep my eye out for it!

    -Maria
    Everyone deServes to Learn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's wonderful. I'm so budget savvy (cheap), I usually wait for it to go on sale or I get a coupon (or both!) to buy it at Target. It's under $10, though, I think. :)

      Delete