Saturday, November 24, 2012

happy thanksgiving and pumpkin waffles

Happy Thanksgiving!  Sadly, I am not talented cook.  Cooking is simply a talent that I did not get--I usually leave that to my Gram, Grandma and my little sister, Melinda.  We had Thanksgiving dinner at my Gram's, and as the nice granddaughter that I am, I offered to make something for our dinner.  Gram told me I didn't need to bring anything, so I insisted that I would then make some waffles to kick off the celebration while everyone else was getting ready to cook the day away.


Waffles are one of the few things that I take great pride in my ability to make.  I like to make my batter from scratch and use my perfect waffle iron we got as a wedding gift.  For Thanksgiving, I decided to try adding some canned pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice and extra butter to my waffle batter.  I want to try the recipe some more and make sure it is perfected before I post it, but the waffles were delicious.  I didn't even add syrup to them, they were that good!

No comments:

Post a Comment